Awaken Your Ancestors
10% off this offer will end on the 31st May 2020.
The Awaken Your Ancestors Elementary Family History Correspondence Course is suitable for those who are new to family history, those who have already started but need guidance on how to do things properly and those who are looking for inspiration on how to break down that brick wall.
The course consists of ten modules and will cover the following:
- 1. Family Records – those bits of paper, war medals and newspapers filed away in the attic!
- GRO Indexes of Births, Marriages and Deaths – the key to birth, marriage and death certificates.
- The Records of Civil Registration – the certificates of births, marriages and deaths
- Census Returns - tracing family groups from 1841 to 1911 plus the 1939 National Identity Register records
- Search Process – using the GRO Certificates and census returns to construct a pedigree that extends into the 18th century.
- Parish Registers - records of baptisms, marriages and burials that were introduced during the reign of King Henry VIII.
- 7. Formatting a drop-line pedigree - how to correctly draw a family tree
- Search Process – searching the parish registers to extend a pedigree back into the 16th century. Module 8 also includes:
- Finding Aids - Indexes, online sites, transcriptions and collections that aid research
- The Parish Chest - a collection of records that document the lives of our ancestors in the parish.
- Consolidation – blend everything together to produce a pedigree back into the 18th century.
The registrar's office is open Monday, Wednesday and Thursdays 9-4. We will endeavour to ensure that all course enrolments are processed by the end of the next working day after the order is submitted.